Sunday, January 07, 2024

Lost & Found XIII

(Above:  Lost & Found XIII. Custom framed: 13" x 19".  Found objects hand-stitched to a section of a vintage quilt.  Objects include:  Two glove hangers; a tomato server; four, dog-shaped souvenir spoons and two silver souvenir spoons from Spain; Tinker Toy connectors; two, corn-on-the-cob holders; Herbacin Kamille hand cream tin lid; four, white circles cut from a beer can yolk; two, pink Spoolies (folding hair curlers); sewing machine bobbins; two, gold Stella Artois beer bottle caps; artificial leaves; and assorted buttons and beads.  Click on image to enlarge.)

I couldn't resist stitching this piece.  It was entirely inspired by the two, decorative glove hangers.  I used several less decorative ones on Mandala CLXXII ... but these two didn't match.  I only had two and no prospects of finding two more.  Thus, I designed them in a fan shape that only required the two I had.  I'm very pleased with this one! 
 

1 comment:

Ann Scott said...

This piece is lovely and fun! I'm amazed at how different each piece "feels" depending on the shape, colors, stitching, and number of objects you've used. There's always a surprise!